Friday, March 27, 2009

I Can't Hear You!

Ok, this doesn't have anything to do with training, per se, but I just had to write about it. On a good day, I could best be described as moody. Now, take me at 5:30am, at the gym, huffing my 150 pound tank ass up the stepmill....NOT a recipe for a friendly person. All I wanted to do this morning was finish listening to the rest of the Muscle Girls, Inc. radio show from this past Tuesday, and a girl who is regularly at the gym in the mornings gets on the stepmill next to me and specifically said that she was glad I was there because she wanted someone to talk to (while she does her 3 hours of morning cardio). Why me? I mean, really, why? Every time she starts talking to me I purposely keep my headphones in my ears in hopes that she'll get the point that I want to listen to my IPOD, not her. But it doesn't work. Don't get me wrong, she's very nice, and she often has some good drama from her own life to fill me in on. The thing is, I actually kind of enjoy my morning cardio during the offseason. I only have to do 45 minutes, so it's just enough time to wake up and start to feel good about the day ahead. I want to be able to enjoy it, and that usually means getting caught up on the radio shows or watching the morning news. I don't want to talk. Now, during contest prep, when I'm doing hours on end of cardio, I don't mind talking because anything will do to help pass the time.

I think the biggest reason I don't care to talk is that it's 5:30 in the morning.....that should universally be known as Quiet Time. In fact, there should be no talking allowed until after 7:00am. Ironically, I would consider myself a morning person (I love the sunrise and the PEACEFUL early morning hours)....I'm just not a talkative morning person.

No comments:

Post a Comment