Sunday, February 1, 2009

Trying to Make Myself Feel Better

In an attempt to make myself feel better, I went back and compared my 5RM from July '08 (before my surgery) to my new 5RM. The look something like this:
Dead Lift: 285 (+15 lbs)
Incline BB Press: 115 (+15 lbs)
Squat: 205 (+30 lbs)
Standing Military Press: 100 (+15 lbs)

One note about the new maxes, is that those numbers are not from the same progressive 5x5 that I was doing in July. I have been doing 5x5 with the same weight (based off of my old 5RM) and then trying to hit a new max on my last one or two sets. Also, technically, I haven't been training consistently since July because of my surgery, so those maxes went up since September when I came back to trianing. Hopefully, taking all that into consideration, when I go back to the progressive 5x5, my maxes will jump even higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment