Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday, Bloody Sunday

Ok, so not bloody, but how about painful? This weekend I switched around my training and did chest on Saturday and Quads today. I felt pretty good going in to the workout this morning, and thought for sure that a 215 squat was in the cards. The first few sets felt good, and when I got the weight off the rack for the 5th set, I still felt ok. But I went down for the first rep and felt something scrape over my knee cap. Nothing popped, and I didn't feel pain right away but I started to panic. Since I wasn't in immediate pain, I decided to try to finish the set and pulled off two more shitty reps. The weird part was that I wasn't in excruciating pain afterwards, until I tried to bend my knee or squat back down.

The Homeslice tried to calm me down a bit and seemed to believe that it was a tendon that stretched over my patella (so gross). He managed to calm me down enough that I got up, walked around for a few minutes, and then tried a lighter set with 135 to avoid being afraid of squating ever again. Unfortunately, those 12 reps were epic and just plain painful. I finished the rest of the workout but only because my right leg carried me through. So, tomorrow my right leg should be pretty sore; my left one, on the other hand, will just be there chilling. After the gym, I iced my knee twice, and as of right now, it still hurts to bend down. And I'm not completely dumb, I know why this happened....that stupid fucking left hamstring. I was trying to compensate for it as usual, and it really bit me in the ass this time. But do I ever learn? Nope. Guess that makes me a dumb, meathead bodybuilder, huh? Oh well, I embrace it.

Saturday morning's chest workout pretty good. It was just me and the Homeslice, and things flowed smoothly. I missed 130 for 5 on incline bb presses (only got 2 again), but the rest of the work out was still decent. The surprise for me came when I got on the scale Saturday morning and saw 143.8 staring back at me. Meaning that I LOST 1.2 lbs from last week. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that I just lost some of the bloat from my monthly visitor (since last week I was 145). Which means that I probably only put about 2 lbs on after my first two weeks back on the offseason plan...not too bad considering that I got very well reacquainted with cashews.

Speaking of cashews....

No comments:

Post a Comment