Thursday, February 12, 2009

One Hell of a Week...and it's not even over yet

This week has been more problematic with work than with training. Though, it's safe to say that work problems definitely interfered with my training. Let's just say two drunk guys, a deer, an abusive husband, a firearm, and an obnoxious attorney all equally contributed to my week of hell. Sounds like quite the mix, huh? Just an average week in probation supervision. Needless to say, my 15 hour day on Tuesday both physically and mentally drained me, and left little energy for my Wednesday workout. Although nothing remarkably notable happened Monday, it was still a long day of doing home visits, and I was shot when it came time to train back that night. I missed 295 (AGAIN), but managed to have a good rest of the workout. Now is when I need a little backup from the Homeslice. I'm hoping to go down to LI to visit him on Monday and train back with him then...maybe that'll be the push I need to break 295. Anyway, I trained arms first thing in the morning on Tuesday knowing that I was going to be working a little bit later than usual that night. The workout was good, especially considering that I have a hard time training at 5:30am. Unfortunately, the day went about 3 and a half hours longer than I anticipated, and I didn't get home until 11pm. My old bones aren't built for late nights, and by the time I finally got to bed, there was no way I was getting up at 5am to do cardio Wedensday morning. Hams that night was like moving through quicksand, and I had a splitting headache from being so mentally shot.

Luckly, I was off from work today...thank you Abraham Lincoln. I made up my cardio this morning and didn't train, since Thursdays are usually my full day off. Instead of relaxing, I spent 4 hours sitting in the Honda dealership while they changed my stinking breaks. Later in the day, I was still wound up from work (I have a hard time leaving my work in the office so to speak), so I made some rounds and visited some friends I haven't seen in a while. It was a great way to help take my mind off things, and hopefully I'll be a little recharged for tomorrow. Friday is shoulders, which I love to train, so that's always something to look forward to. And, of course, the Homeslice will be home to train with me :-)

For now, it's off to bed for this old bag lady...

No comments:

Post a Comment