Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Random Thoughts From a Depleted Soul

As I mentioned in previous posts, I've scheduled some days off from work and some time in for a little pampering as the show approaches in an attempt to keep from completely burning out. I gave myself a nice 4-day weekend this past weekend, and today, I splurged on a deep tissue massage. I had gotten one earlier this year, and knew it would be painful, but daaaaaaamn, it was brutal this time around. I had this adorable little English girl who just tore up my my upper back. But I needed it badly. You could actually hear the knots moving around and releasing in the left side of my upper back. I don't know if it was the pain or the noise or a combination of both, but it actually made me feel neasous. She did the rest of my body over the course of the next hour, and it was well worth the investment. I was so relaxed and my muscles felt so much better after releasing all the tension. Of course, now, 12 hours later, I'm sore as hell. I've been drinking tons of water like they say you're supposed to after a deep tissue massage in order to get all the toxins out.

Normally I train back on Wednesday nights, but I figured that would be pretty counterproductive after the massage, so I hit chest and hams instead and make up back on Friday. My workout was pretty good, and I can tell that my recent attempts at extra rest have made somewhat of a difference. My strength is going down, but that's not surprising with the changes that were made for this week. One surprise with these changes, though, is how freakin' flat I look. I know I'm losing the weight because it's plain as day, but I'm so smooth and flat. I try not to look at myself too much because then I freak out. And as a good friend always says when I have these moments of panic so far out from a show, "It's a good thing the show's not today." As for Monday's shoulder workout, those seem to be my "ego workouts" lately, as my strength has stayed throughout, and I can always get a good pump. Of course, my ego is quickly deflated once the leg workout rolls around again.

So, it's looking like we're going to get freaking snow in the next couple of days here. What the fuck? It's only October. I HATE the snow. I'm sure I've said it a thousand times before in this blog, but I really can't stand it. It's messy, cold, and just freaking miserable. It slows everything down, and sometimes it causes me to miss a workout when my gym closes because of it (though I have been known to brave a blizzard in my little rice burner to get to a gym that is open so I can train). Anyway, just the thought of impending snow makes me anxious. Freakin' northeast...I'm movin' to Cali.

No comments:

Post a Comment