Monday, October 26, 2009

The Last Supper

Or rather, the last cheat meal. Yup, my cheat meal has officially been taken away. Ironically, I'm not as upset about it as I thought I might be (no temper tantrums, at least). At this point, I'm so focused that I don't care what has to be done to get me in shape over the next three weeks. After not losing any weight this week, major changes came my way...cardio went up 15 minutes to 125 min/day, and I'm at 4:1 protein/veggies:protein/fat days. I say, whatever, bring it. If I'm gonna do this, it's gonna be good, right?

This weekend was good for my mental game, too. I guest posed at a local show and got great feedback. But the biggest thing for me was how I was going to FEEL about actually being on stage....I knew this would tell me a lot about whether or not I made the right decision to switch to bodybuilding. I was SOOOO nervous backstage, but as soon as I stepped out there under those lights, it was game on, and I had a freakin' blast! After the show, I went out to eat and got to hang out with Kevin English and his girlfriend and two of their friends, which was very cool. Kevin is totally down to earth and just plain funny (they all were, actually).

Also, this weekend, I had a really good heart-to-heart chat that helped refocus me and bring this prep back into a more positive light. Considering where my progress is at right now, I definitely needed to redirect my thinking about things, and this talk helped do just that. In fact, the talk was so good, that I managed to eek out what I would consider a decent leg workout on Sunday morning (for 3 weeks out, that is), and I'm actually really sore today. Right now, I am just breaking things down one hour at a time and trying to keep my stress level low, a rather novel concept for me that actually seems to be working. I've done really well in keeping this prep drama free and keeping my focus on where I want to end up, so the next 3 weeks are truly going to be tunnel-visioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment