Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Breakup and Other Stuff

My posting is likely going to become more sparse as the next few weeks go by, not only because I'm busy, but simply because it takes too much mental effort to type anything. The foggy-head feeling is pretty much a daily occurrence, and I'm feeling like a rickety, 90-year-old woman when I wake up in the mornings. Not to mention that I regularly look like the Crypt Keeper now...somthing that's new to me this year. Usually my face doesn't get drawn until the last week or two, and even then, my eyes don't look all sunken in like they do now. It must be part of this whole getting old thing, which is about to happen in 10 days....FML. I just keep trying to convince myself that I look better at 29 than I did at 19, which is probably true, but almost never makes me feel better.

Enough whining, here's what's been going on. I lost another 2.5 lbs this week, so no changes were made to the cardio or diet, meaning I still have my cheat meal (oh, the little things that make me happy during prep). My trip to Bev's on Saturday was MUCH needed, and we had a good time. I also got to meet with Steve to have him take a quick look at me for some feedback and was told nothing that I didn't really already know....my quads are behind my upper body as far as fat loss goes, and I need to bring up my hams and calves. Now, if only I could get on stage in pants, I'd be golden. Sunday I did things exactly as planned and was able to get in a good nap in the afternoon. Except I was partially paralyzed when I woke up, courtesy of the morning's leg workout.

I knew it would only be a matter of time before "The Breakup." I told my training partner that I needed to start doing my own thing for the next six weeks. It's time for me to hunker down and not worry about anyone else besides me during the workouts. I don't want to have to bother with anyone else's schedule now, as my own is getting pretty hectic. It sounds silly, but I don't want to have to worry about what exercises someone else wants to do or dragging someone else along so I can pose, do cardio, extra sets of hams, or whatever. I'm going into 100% selfish mode. Fortunately, he understands and we'll hook back up after my show. Not to mention the fact that I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to listen to me bitch anymore, no matter how much he says he doesn't care (he's a bad liar). In the meantime, this Crypt Keeper's got some work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment