Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Much Needed Heart to Heart

The cliche says, "If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours." I think it's time for me to have a chat with my butt to help it better accept this concept. More specifically, my ass seems to be holding on to this fat for dear life. I think it's secretly afraid that if it lets it go, the fat won't come back. Well Ass, I can assure you that if you let this fat go for now, it will most definitely come back, I promise. Don't get me wrong, I'm continuing to make good progress, but I feel like my upper body is still quite a bit father along than my lower, and it's frustrating. But, in all honesty, I shouldn't complain because, here I am at 10 weeks out and I'm still only doing 75 minutes of cardio (those that work with Dave know that this isn't a lot, yet) compared to the 100 minutes I was doing at 10 weeks out last year. And my diet rotation has remained the same for the past 4 weeks. Overall, I continue to have a decent amount of energy and am still really enjoying this process.

The remainder of this week's workouts were decent, with chest on Friday, back yesterday, and then arm's this morning. Last week, I tweaked my back doing heavy T-Bar rows and was in a fair amount of pain for a couple of days (which was a big part of why I took heavy squats out of my quad workout). But by the end of the week, it was feeling fine, so I thought I would try to hammer some heavy T-Bars out again yesterday. Either I wasn't entirely healed or I simply re-injured the same thing, but the pain was back and I couldn't move the same amount of weight that I usually can. At this point, my plan is to keep heavy squats out again this week and also avoid T-Bars during my back workout next Saturday....hopefully this will help. This morning's arm workout went well, too. We cut back on the volume, but added in some drop sets and some rest-pause stuff. I have come to love my arm workouts lately, but mostly for asthetic reasons....they are always the morning after my cheat meal and I'm full and vascular, so I love looking at myself during the workout (and any bodybuilder that says they don't do this or enjoy doing this during prep is just downright lying).

Speaking of looking at myself in the mirror, I've stuck to the plan of posing 3x/week so far. And as I've been told several times before, it's definitely helping to make me harder. But I really need to learn how to squeeze my quads, hams, and glutes--especially since that area needs the most work on bringing out the small amount of separation that's there. I know, I know, I will get in touch with a posing coach...

No comments:

Post a Comment