Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Midweek Madness

Right off the bat, this week has started off crazy busy. Sometimes I feel like I can't keep up with everything, and the thing is, none of it is anything major. It's just a bunch of little things that keep piling up that I can't seem to get the time to take care of....trying to get my car fixed, get my car inspected and oil changes, get a new watch battery (the control freak in me HATES not having a watch), gotta cook food, do laundry, blah blah blah. This usually happens to me every few months, where all these stupid things get me stressed out. Plus, work is getting back to being a little unmanageable, and I feel like it's one crisis after another....why can't these people keep it together dammit?!?!

Anyway, things have also been a little tougher on the prep end of things, but it's nothing I wouldn't expect at 8 and a half weeks out. I had an awful leg workout on Monday night. I was by myself, and my left hamstring was acting up again, leaving me more exhausted from fighting the pain than the actual weight itself. But I muddled through what I thought was an unproductive workout, only to wake up sore as hell Tuesday morning for hams....that deep sore feeling is always a little vindication for a workout that I think sucked. Surprisingly, my ham workout went much better than my quad workout. I have been slowly re-incorporating (is that even a word?) stiff leg dead lifts with very light weight into my workouts, and it seems to be paying off.

My body appears to be readjusting ok after my f'ed up cheat meal (as Dave assured me it would). I finally feel like I got the crappy food out of me. The water retention's gone, and I'm starting to tighten back up again. At this point, I would be ok if my weight stayed the same this week, just as long as it doesn't go up.

So, it's looking like I'll be working at the Species booth on Friday night and Saturday this weekend for Team U. I always look forward to that stuff because it's such a welcome break from my job here (god knows I don't do a very good job of leaving my work stuff at the office). It's just a good distraction, and I love the energy at the shows (yeah, I know, I'm such a dork).

No comments:

Post a Comment