Saturday, September 12, 2009

Moving Right Along

Holy crap, I can't believe I'm 9 weeks out already! Even though there are days when I wish that time would go by a little quicker (like when I'm starving 45 minutes after eating a meal), I also can't believe that I'm right in the thick of my contest diet. It's going to be over before I know it, which is kind of depressing. Anyway, my weight is down another two pounds this week. This was a pleasant surprise this morning because I honestly didn't think I'd lost anything. Even though I'm still having so much fine this time around, I'm starting to become immune to seeing the changes that my body is making. So it's times like this when having a coach is key. I'm also starting to feel like my body isn't recovering as well as it was early on in the diet, which is to be expected. It's not bad by any means, but I have that fatigued, sluggish feeling more frequently, and believe me, I get plenty of sleep. On the whole, I'd say my workouts are becoming more mediocre than anything. No more going in and setting the world on fire, but still getting a good pump and keeping the majority of my strength up.

I had a bit of an unfortunate week this week. Work has started to get rediculously busy again, so I can feel that overwhelming anxiety building. But I also discovered that some fucking asshole in my parking lot at work hit my car and didn't leave a note. I came out from work late Tuesday night to find my passenger side rear quarter panel scratched and dented in. I had almost the exact same thing happen to me this time last year, only the girl was nice enough to leave me a note. When I took my car to get the estimate, I discovered that the money I'd set aside to compete at Nationals would now have to be used to get my car fixed because it's going to cost me $1,000. I was crushed at first, but have finally accepted that it's probably for the best...the trip to Florida had the potential disaster written on it for a number of reasons. This way, I'll put my focus on Eastern's, see how I come in, and then assess my next step from there. I mean, really, who the F do I think I am trying to get on the Nationals stage for my second show as a bodybuilder? I have a habit of biting off more than I can chew, and I know damn well that this isn't a sport you can rush progress. So, for now, I've got a one-track mind for Eastern's. That being said, it's time for a little cardio.

No comments:

Post a Comment