Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mission Accomplished!

This morning's back workout was actually sick. We didn't do anything different or out of the ordinary, but I had good energy and felt strong overall. I moved some good weight, and I'm starting to feel it already. And as planned, I went in to work for a few hours afterwards to tie up some of the loose ends from Friday....but not until after we went and threw down at the diner. Well, I was actually pretty conservative considering how much food I can typically pack away. But, as I have done many times before, I managed to pretty much eat my training partner under the table. He's pretty sure that it's a genetic malfunction since my brother can eat me under the table....now that's someone who could probably be a competitive eater, that crazy mf'er!

Anyway, this week, I've been given strict instructions to just eat (which was more than accomplished this morning) and do no more cardio than 30 minutes 3 times. Then we drop the hammer. I'm going to make an effort to post even more frequently through my prep but we'll see how that works, especially once the cardio gets high. Plus, the next several weeks are already looking busy and seem to be filling up quickly which gives me a lot of anxiety. A big part of the reason why I chose to prep for a late fall show was because I'd planned on being significantly less busy at the end of the summer and into the fall. But that's not really looking to be the case. I know you can't prep in a bubble, but it's nice to try and limit the stressors.

Oh well, last year was probably the most emotionally stressful and draining preps I've had so far, so I feel like if I was able to get through that, I'll be just fine this year. Even though I know damn well that things never work out to be that simple. I can honestly say that I had one of the more successful, enjoyable, and LESS stressful preps two years ago before the 2007 Eastern USA's. I trained with my partner through the entire prep (usually I go my own way for the full 16 weeks), and I really was able to keep things simple. Like I've said before, I want to enjoy watching my body change and see what the last 12 months of hard work have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment