Sunday, July 12, 2009

Cruising Through the Next Two Weeks

Well the days keep ticking away and now I've only got two weeks left until I start my diet. With my contest diet quickly approaching, I went back and re-read a lot of what I wrote in this blog. I'm finding that it's important to kind of review your progress every once in a while. Puts things into perspective. I've been able to see how far I really have come in the past 13 months. And now that July 25th (which seemed so far away at one point) is just around the corner, I know I should be setting myself up to shock my body with the contest diet....having a couple cheat meals each week and backing way down on the cardio. Since I was only 142.4 this week, I had a cheat meal yesterday morning and also this morning. Ironically, knowing that I can, and even SHOULD, be having cheat meals makes me not want them. Talk about developing a fucked up relationship with food. I actually had to talk myself into ordering chocolate chip pancakes at breakfast this morning...I mean, really, who does that?

This weekend brought some great workouts. For Saturday's back workout, I changed gyms AND training partners, and it gave me just the kick in the ass that I needed. There's something to be said for training with another girl who trains like you and pushes the same weight...makes for an intense training session. I love training with the boys, but the right female training partner can make for a more competitive workout because we push similar weight. This morning's shoulder workout was solo and turned out to be pretty damn good. I actually felt strong for the first shoulder workout in a while. I decided to kick things off with standing presses and did 5x5. My intention was to use the same weight for all 5 sets, but I started off a little too light and wound up doing 85/5, 90/5, 95/5, 95/5, and then went a little too big for my britches with 100 and only got 3. Either way, they all felt good and set a good tone for the rest of the workout.

Oh, and how could I forget to mention that I finally went for an MRI of my hamstring on Friday. Well, it was actually of my femur, which meant that they got images of everything from my hip to my knee, front and back. I got a CD of the results and tried to look at it myself, knowing full well that I have no freaking idea what I'd be looking at. Hopefully, I'll hear from my doctor tomorrow or Tuesday about the results. I was really nervous going into this MRI because I just had a bad feeling that I'm going to get bad news. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment