Sunday, August 3, 2008

A new line of jeans

Saturday was the dreaded weekly weigh-in...130.6. Up almost three pounds in a week. I really dislike this. I know I need to keep the bigger picture in mind for next year, especially if I decide to switch to BB. To make things worse, I had to go out and buy new jeans yesterday because my tank ass no longer fits into the few that I currently own. Now, I never claimed to be up on fashion or anything, but seriously, what's the deal with the skinny jean? Unless you are a skeleton, those jeans are going to look awful on you. Forget wearing them if you have any kind of muscle (or fat, for that matter) below your waist. I simply can't understand why designers can't make jeans for women with tiny waists and larger legs. Instead of the skinny jean, they can call them the fatty jean. Granted, the name isn't as appealing, but I garauntee that women would still buy them for the sheer fact that they FIT.

So, enough about jeans that don't fit and on to the workouts. I had some pretty decent workouts this weekend. Saturday was shoulders, which I wound up training by myself. Unfortunately, I missed my max on standing presses, only getting 90 for three. I tend to stick like that for a couple of weeks before finally breaking the plateau. Hopefully, next week I'll hit it. The rest of the workout turned out pretty well, though. This morning I trained chest with my old school training buddy--which garauntees that I'll laugh my ass off. Unfortunately, I missed a new max on incline presses, too, only getting 105 for four...wtf? I've been feeling a little (ok, a lot) of pressure lately to hit new maxes this week becuase I'm going to be out of the gym for nearly six weeks due to a little, um, surgery. Yes, the inevitable surgery that so many women in this industry get. It seems like when I put that kind of pressure on myself, I wind up thinking too much about hitting each rep and ultimately doing more harm than good. I just need to try to enjoy this last week of training because it'll be a while before I'm back at it again and starting from scratch. But it will all be worth it...

No comments:

Post a Comment