Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Easing Back In

Yesterday I decided to venture back into the gym for a little early morning cardio. I figured that since I can walk with virtually no pain at this point then there's no reason why I can't do some low intensity cardio. So, I went in and actually enjoyed my 45 minutes on the stepmill. It felt good to be moving and sweating again. I wanted to train abs afterwards like I would normally do, but I didn't think it would really be a good idea since I still have some pain trying to push myself up. But it's a start, and I know I'm going to have to ease myself back into things. I definitely don't want to jeopardize my recovery. I paid too damn much for these things to risk any problems! I am definitely chomping at the bit to get back to training, though. And I am dreading dealing with the lack of strength when I do go back. I figure that, for now, I'll just do 45 minutes of cardio 3 or 4 times per week until I can train again. I go to the doctor next Wednesday for another follow up and will hopefully have a better idea when I can start training. From there, I'm going to have to start thinking about a game plan for next year's contest season so that I can maximize my training/eating over the course of the next several months.

I also weighed myself yesterday morning and was 130.8, which means that I have actually lost about a pound (in light of my addition). In the past, I might have been happy about the weight loss, but yesterday I was actually more concerned with the fact that it was most likely muscle that I lost. So, in order to ensure that I preserve as much muscle as possible, I decided to go back to my original off-season diet, minus the post-workout meal.

As much as I despise being out of the gym, I think that this has been and will continue to be a good mental break for me. I have a feeling that I'll have a seriously renewed enthusiasm towards training that I haven't had in a long time, which will hopefully work to my advantage. Not to mention the fact that I will save A LOT of money....all this spare time at night leads to unnecessary shopping (well, of course, some of it is necessary).

No comments:

Post a Comment