Thursday, August 28, 2008

Just What the Doctor (Didn't) Order

Yesterday I went back to the doctor for my second post-op appointment in hopes of good news about training. Well, not so much. While he did say that I was healing especially quickly, I still have to wait another 10 days before I can start training....NOT COOL. It's even more difficult for me to not train now that I'm starting to feel better. But I know that it's better for me to have 4 weeks off now then to wind up being out for an even longer period of time down the road because I didn't listen to the doctor. So I continue to wait. In the meantime, I've decided to go back to my precontest protein/fat diet (see the rest of this post for the reason why) and continue with 45 minutes of cardio 3 or 4 days a week. I'm also doing some ab training when it's not too uncomfortable. I weighed myself Monday morning and was 129.2....more muscle lost? I'm trying not to freak out about that-clearly it's not working out too well.

In the midst of my crappy attitude about not being able to train, I have been given a pretty cool opportunity that I never thought I'd have. While I was in Chicago for Junior Nationals this year, I met the owner of ALR Industries, as well as a couple of reps (one of my favorite up and coming figure pros, Krissy Chin, and her husband, Troy), who mentioned that they were looking for girls to run their booth at some shows in the fall. Well, several weeks later, I was finally contacted by them and asked to work their booth at the Team Universe in NYC and also at the Atlantic City Pro the following weekend. So, I will be representing ALRI for the next two weekends. The unfortunate thing (c'mon, you can't expect me to not complain about something) is that I am disgustingly out of shape, not having trained in four weeks and will be working this booth with two other girls--one of whom is dieting and the other who always looks good, even in the offseason. I am just praying that our outfits are particularly modest. All bitching aside, I'm hoping that this will lead to future sponsorship from ALRI. I can't even begin to imagine how much that would help out with the financial end of this sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment