Thursday, August 7, 2008

I just wanted to post one last time about my final shoulder workout before the surgery. I wound up training solo tonight, which is sometimes a good thing for me. I can just focus on me and get lost in my ipod and my own wacko head. The gym was like bizzarro-land tonight, though. Only a few of the regulars were there, and the rest I had never seen before. Some of them actually looked like they'd come through my office a few times or might be headed in that direction, which is incredibly strange considering that my gym is a little hole in the wall located in a middle-of-nowhere country setting. Anyway, my workout. As usual, I started off with standing presses, and I was absolutely determined to get 90 for five. I have missed it for two weeks now, and I was just getting annoyed. Well, I got it finally. Number 5 was a struggle, and it was questionable whether I'd get it, but goddammit, I got it. It's pretty ironic that my shoulders happen to be one of my best body parts on stage but one of my weakest in the gym, and vice versa with my back. Clearly I am not normal.

So that's it for training for probably 4-6 weeks, which I'm not entirely happy about. I've never taken more than a day or two off from training completely in years--or maybe ever, now that I think about it. But I guess in the grand scheme of things, it's not all that bad. Talk about taking a whole new approach to an offseason.

No comments:

Post a Comment