Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Last Supper...Or Rather Tossed Supper

Yes, the final leg workout before my surgery. Not only was I dreading this workout because I get the usual leg-day anxiety, but I was again feeling pressure to get a new squat max. Good thing for me, I had another trusty old-school training partner to back me up again. As usual, we started off with 5x5 squats. I tried to get 185 on my 4th set but only got 4. So, being the stubborn individual that I am, I gave it another shot and managed to squeeze out 5. They weren't text book, but they definitely worked. And it was another good breakthrough mentally for me. We followed squats with 2RP sets of presses and then played war on the final set (I won, of course). I paid for that win, though--I thought I was going to lose the chow after that last one. Anyway, the rest of the workout ran pretty well, and I felt pretty strong. All in all a really good final leg workout before the surgery. Unfortunately, I didn't have the energy left to fit in hams, so they're out until I come back, which was not what I wanted to do. I tried to rearrange my schedule this week in order to try and fit everything in before the surgery. Not that it matters all that much, I guess, since I'm going to be out for several weeks.

Now it's off to hit the final workout--shoulders....

No comments:

Post a Comment