Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weddings, Weight Loss, and Watching TV

I would say this accurately describes my weekend this weekend. Saturday morning's weight was 140.2...right where I thought. But since I didn't have my cheat meal Saturday (waiting for tonight), I weighed myself this morning and couldn't believe what I saw...138.4. Now THAT was a good feeling. This week I'm going to start backing things off a bit. Bring my cardio down slowly and switch things up with the diet to include some extra calories. At this point, the goal is for me to stay right around 142 until I start my prep in July. How quickly I gain the weight back, though, is going to determine when I start my prep, which I'm thinking will be longer than 16 weeks since my body has this uncanny ability to put on fat and cling to it for dear life.

On a non-training note, I went to another wedding yesterday. It was waaaaaay out on the very eastern tip of Long Island. A friend of mine that I worked with back in my college days at Abercrombie was getting married. She and her now-husband actually met after one of my shows. It was the second show I ever did, and I took the overall in bodybuilding and figure so we all went out for a little afterwards to celebrate. Well, when I went home, she went to another bar where she met her hubby, and now, 4 years later, they're married. Anyway, the wedding was on a vineyard, and apparently there are LOTS of vineyards in eastern Long Island because we passed about 50 of them before we got to the one where the wedding was being held at. Unfortunately for me, I couldn't eat any of the food and got all the "why aren't you eating?" bullshit. I've gotten much better about giving a quick answer and not getting annoyed at people when they ask me that. The wedding started late and by 11 they still had to do the cake, bride and groom dancing with dad and mom, and the bouquet. As much as I hated to leave, I was hungry, cranky, and had a 3 1/2 hour drive home (don't even ask why I didn't just get a hotel room there in the first place). I made it home by 2:30 and was in bed asleep by 3:30.

After sleeping 4 1/2 hours, I was up to train this morning at 8 and have since spent the rest of the day in a half coma on the couch watching TV and counting down the hours until my cheat meal tonight. For now, it's back to the couch before going back to the gym for round 2 of cardio...thank god it's only 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment