Saturday, May 9, 2009

It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_1rSm2MDM4

This has absolutely nothing to do with training (and it's definitely NOT pb and j time for me now), but this has to be one of my all-time favorite parts from Family Guy. I mean, how can you not laugh?

Anyway, it's the end of the second week and I lost another 2 lbs, down to 144.4. I was pleasantly surprised to see that this morning. My last two workouts, chest and then back, were really good this week. I felt pretty strong and had good mind/muscle connection. I know on this diet I'm supposed to keep my workouts should, and I have been. Except I'm cheating. I'm keeping them short by doing lots of supersets. This would be fine, except my volume is still high because I do lots of supersets. At this point, I feel like I should take advantage of the fact that I'm not rediculously starving or weak and keep pushing my workouts with the higher volume because I know that will come to a screeching halt once the protein/veggie days enter into the mix...which will most likely be next week. We'll just have to see what changes come with this week's diet.

This was also my second week with the physical therapist who continues to do a lot of deep tissue work on my lower back and upper glute to relieve the pressure on my sciatic nerve. It seems to be helping, but I think it's going to take a little longer to heal than even the PT might have expected. He's also working on my IT band, which was also increcibly tight. And based on the work that he's done, it seems that my problem may not have even been my hamstring. To be honest, I don't care what the issue is/was, as long as I can go back to training pain free back there, I'll be a happy camper. The big test will be to see how it feels when I dead lift, as I haven't done those in at least a month. I'm going to wait until I'm back to eating more food before I attempt to go back to them.

As far as things go mentally, I've been feeling better and having a more optimistic outlook on my workouts. I think going on this mini diet was good for me mentally in that it takes the pressure off of me always feeling like I need to be getting new maxes and making huge weight increases each week. I hope at the end of this diet, I'll be ready start working towards that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment