Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Just Pluggin' Along

Halfway through week 2 on the diet and I'm still doing ok. Last night I trained legs and felt like I had sand in my quads...my legs felt so heavy, and I wasn't nearly as strong as I was last week. I don't necessarily think it's the diet (it's too early to be losing any strength), but either way, I really struggled through the workout. Apparently, I did get something done though because my legs are pretty sore today. I changed up my split, AGAIN. Since my schedule changed at work back in January, I can't seem to find a good split. I feel like I've been all over the map. But training legs Tuesday nights and then hams first thing Wednesday morning seems to be the best option (and of course, everything else revolves around leg training). So tonight will be more cardio, tomorrow morning will be only cardio, and then I won't train again until I do chest on Friday night...so that will be a good rest period.

Even though I weighed in last weekend, I wasn't able to get pictures done until Monday night. My waist is always the first thing to start coming in, and that's no different now. I'm also pretty happy with the work I've done on my back (now that I've finally seen it in pictures)....I'm excited to see how it looks once I'm really dieted down. Again, I was really surprised with my quads. Those things grew like weeds this offseason! And dammit, they should have. I was worried that they might start to overpower my upper body, but considering what I'm going to have to do (cardio and diet-wise) to get my ass to come in the way it should, I'll likely lose some of that muscle. It's almost like I have to factor in lost muscle there because the fat on my ass is so damn stubborn. I also know that I need to learn how to pose because I'm just downright BAD at it.

Also, I can't believe that I have managed to stick to a contest diet when I know I'm still smack dab in the middle of my offseason. Of course, one look at my fat, lumpy ass and I'm sure to stick to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment