Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pre-Christmas Update

I finally reached my weight goal....Saturday's weigh-in showed the magical 150. While I'm definitely harder now at 150 than I was at 140 or 145, I still would like to make it more of a quality 150 than it is. And I am proud to say that I have stayed on track with the diet despite cookies galore at work. However, my confession is this....I did have half a chocolate chip cookie today. But for me, that's pretty damn good considering that I looooooove cookies and cakes and dessert food. I'm more or less saving myself for Christmas Eve when my family does the big celebration. I don't intend to go crazy, but I will definitely eat a little more than just a half a cookie. In fact, the pastry/cookie tray is sitting in my fridge as I type this, and I can practically hear them calling my name.

Training has been going ok. It seems like every few weeks I get into a funk and feel like I'm just going through the motions during my workouts. That time seems to be now. So far, this week, my workouts have been mediocre at best. I also think I'm getting a cold...wtf? Stomach bug on Thanksgiving, and maybe a cold on Christmas. NOT COOL! Sometimes I wonder if that's normal (the funks that seem to come so often). I mean, I take a full day away from the gym each week, so I certainly don't think I'm overtrained. I eat plenty of good food to fuel an efficient workout, and for the most part, I get a decent amout of sleep.

I also didn't take pictures this weekend. In fact, I was lucky to even get my workouts in. It more or less snowed the entire weekend. I'm already so over this weather and winter has barely even started. If I moved to a place where I never saw a flake of snow or a hint of cold weather ever again, I would NOT be upset. Screw all the people that say, "Oh, but what about having all four seasons?" F that. The only season I like is the one that's warm and sunny.

Hmm, looks like a lot of whining going on here today. Oh well, get over it, it's (almost) Christmas, bitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment