Friday, December 19, 2008

On A Roll

Yeah man, three weeks with no caffiene, and I'm still going pretty strong...well, somtimes. But for the most part, I feel so much better. My workouts aren't nearly as effected as I thought they would be. In fact, once I get going, they have been pretty damn good. It's been two weeks of the old school style Arnold superset split, and I'm still loving it. I am still making steady, consistent progress. The gains aren't drastic, but they're coming, and that's all I can ask for. One major drawback to this split is the aches and pains in my joints and tendons from hitting everything so heavy twice a week. I'm starting to get pains in my left elbow which really impairs my chest and tri workouts. But because I'm enjoying this split so much, I get over it during the workout. Unfortunately, I know that I'll pay for it later on....but for now, whatever.

One interesting thing is how my body has begun to change in the past two weeks. While my diet hasn't changed (except that I'm eating a little extra here and there because this new training program seems to have my metabolism through the roof), my shape certainly has. I seem to be carrying my near-150 pounds much better as of late. This morning when I was training shoulders, I had vascularity in them that I usually only ever have when I'm dieting. Considering that I am typically pretty disgusted with how I look, I will say that I am very happy with the way my upper body is developing. My lats finally seem to be gaining some width, something I have always struggled with. As far as upper back thickness goes, I'm hoping my pictures this weekend will show some progress there. That's right ladies and germs, it's picture time this weekend....put your blinders on or you just might go blind. I think I hate the pictures the most because I have to face the fat (I mean, fact) of my lower body. I just keep trying to tell myself that there is new muscle under there. I know there is....I'm SO much stronger than I ever have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment