Tuesday, February 9, 2010

All Over the Place

Lately I feel like I don't know if I'm coming or going, and it's not necessarily all in a bad way, either. My weight this past Saturday was 140.2, which wasn't even up a pound. So, I sucked it up and took pictures again on Sunday, and it wasn't a very pretty sight. It seems that, in a matter of two weeks, I have put on quite a bit of fat, and I don't know how. I haven't changed my diet or cardio, and cashews have been entirely out of the picture for weeks. I'm still very unhappy with how my midsection looks, since I feel like I'm putting more fat on there much quicker than I have in the past. Plus, my butt and hams are starting to get that mushy offseason look now...WTF? On a positive note, my back and quads continue to make pretty drastic improvements, which I'm excited about (especially my back). As frustrated as I get, and as much as I question the whole process, I do trust my coach...I may not like him sometimes, but I trust him 100% with my diet and training. And I know that he's got my best interest in mind all the time. I also know that he believes in me 100%, and that's huge for me.

I'm loving this new training program I'm following. There's a good amount of variety in it from week to week, which means I don't always have the stress of trying for a new max every week. And the higher rep/super-set workouts really give me a great pump and get me really sore.

As far as feeling all over the place, work has been insanely busy again, and I'm getting tired of yelling at people because they keep f'ing up. It's simple folks, don't drink, don't drive, and you'll stay out of trouble (and make my job a whole lot easier). One thing I've really been working on this year is trying not to be so narrow-minded when it comes to my goals in this sport and how that impacts other areas of my life. Sometimes, I become so wrapped up in training and my long-term goals for bodybuilding that I let other important things and people in my life go by the wayside, even when I'm not prepping. Basically I need to learn how to balance things better. I'm also trying to expand my horizons a bit since I tend to stay within the safe confines of my own little world. Like, this weekend, I think I'm going to finally try to learn how to ski, which is likely to be a rather amusing scene since I'm incredibly uncoordinated. But I have someone who claims to be a good teacher, so we'll just see what kind of miracle he can work. I've wanted to learn for years, probably since college, and just never got the balls to try it. I just hope I don't wind up hurting myself and not being able to train. I'm sure I'll have some interesting stories after this little adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment