Thursday, January 14, 2010

Progress?

This week some changes were made to my diet to include less fats and more carbs in efforts to spur some progress in my training. And, while the changes weren't drastic, they seem to have been enough to move me in the right direction, at least as far as last night's back workout went. I was dreading dead lifting again this week for fear that I would be stuck at 245. Well, not only did I get 250 with no problems (and minimal hamstring pain), I decided to try for 255 for 5 after some ribbing from my training partner. 255 went up just as easily and smoothly as 250. As I've said 100 times, I'm trying to protect my hamstring without compromising my form like I was doing this time last year, and it seems to be working. While I'm not dead lifing 300 like I was this time last year, the reps are much better and I can actually FEEL them where I'm supposed to. I had an amazing amount of energy and strength through the rest of the workout....c'mon wide back!

Monday night was shoulders and chest, and while I've been struggling to hit 110 on the standing military presses, I realized that I didn't even have an official 5 reps logged at 105. So, I pulled back this week and got 105 for 5 (barely). So often, I get ahead of myself and wind up frustrated. Hopefully, I'll be on track to get to 110 in the next week or two.

On a non-training note, I recently found out that I'll be working for Species at the Arnold this year! I'm incredibly excited since I've never been to the Arnold. I know I won't be seeing much of the expo or the show (if any at all) because I'll be working the entire weekend, but just finally being a part of that weekend will be great. I've heard stories about all the debauchery that goes on during that weekend and am admittedly a little scared for my life lol. Hey, what can I say, I'm a hick from upstate NY....simple and quiet is how I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment