Tuesday, November 3, 2009

If I Wanted a Pet, I Would Have Gotten a Puppy

Instead, I came across the third, yes THIRD, mouse in my apartment this year. Now, let me just say for the record, I am a very neat and clean person. Even in my current pre-contest state of not caring about anything, I keep my apartment clean, so there's no garbage, crumbs, rotting food or whatever to attract any kind of rodent or insect. After two interesting mice experences in the late winter and another just a month or so ago, I attempted to set up a force field to keep the mice out (traps and poison galore along with filling in every crack and hole I could find, or so I thought). Just last night, I decided to check one of the traps in the spot where I think they are coming in through, and sure 'nuff, there's a dead mf'er. WTF!!! Unfortunately, I have a crippling fear of mice, and since it was around midnght when I found the little bugger, well, let's just say, as I write this about 14 hours later, it's still there. But not to worry, I have a very specialized rodent eliminator coming later tonight to deploy his special corpse removal services. In the meantime, I went back to Home Depot to restock the anti-mouse arsenal with more poison, traps, and hole-plugging foam. I swear, the next time I see one of those things, I'm just gonna shoot it...then maybe my landlord will call in a REAL exterminator to address the problem.

Enough about the rodents that seem to be taking over and on to better things....like my prep. I had a good leg workout again on Sunday (or rather, mentally I was in a good place). I threw in some walking db lunges, which I haven't done in a few weeks, and that really tore up my glutes. Hell, they're still sore. Then yesterday, I got the opportunity to head down to Bev's and train shoulders for an Iron Asylum video. It was awesome, but we'll see what the final product looks like. I'm not exactly a smiling, cheery person these days, and that apparently came across in the training video. And Dave totally called me out on the fact that I could have smiled more during the video. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be smiling plenty on the 14th. Then there was the interview...let's just hope I don't sound like a complete idiot. Either way, I had fun doing it, and it was just a good day all around. I'm just counting the days down until showtime and getting more and more excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment