Friday, November 6, 2009

Patience

Now that I'm down to just about one week til showtime, I'm starting to get antsy. But if there is one thing that I've really come to learn in the past year and a half, it's how to have a little more patience. When I started this journey, I was antsy to pack in as many calories as possible, antsy to put on as much muscle as possible, and finally antsy to start my contest prep. I was so ready to get the ball rolling that I had considered doing a show earlier in the year. But I kept telling myself to be patient, let my body progress and build muscle so that it stays when I diet down. And now that I'm one week out, I'm seeing that having a little patience pays off. I really feel like I've held on to the majority of the muscle I've put on, sans maybe a little bit up top.

I'm glad I didn't rush into contest prep earlier this year. Maybe it wouldn't have made all that much of a difference, but I stuck to the original plan, and in 7 days, it'll be time to close it out. I've been patient for the past year and a half, so what's 7 more measly days? Technically I only have 4 more workouts. Hell, tonight will be my last full back workout for two weeks. I won't start counting down cardio sessions until Sunday, as there are still too many left to make it sound optimistic at this point. No plans for this weekend other than training and relaxing because you know I'm not trying to catch that damn swine flu. And then it's just time to cruise through next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment