Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Random Thoughts From a Depleted Soul, Part Deux

I'm apologizing ahead of time for the rambling, scattered nature that will ultimately be this blog entry. My head is all over the place for a number of reasons, namely that I'm starving but mostly because I'm so FREAKING EXCITED for this weekend. My emotions have been up and down all week and seem to change with by the hour. Sometimes I feel like I'm gonna go great and sometimes I feel like I'm gonna get my ass handed to me. If only I could figure out a way to remove my brain for the next few days...

I have reached a point in this diet that I never thought I'd get to...I actually dread my meals. And not because I'm not hungry, but because eating them only seems to make me feel even more hungry. For the first time in my life, I get absolutely no satisfaction from eating. In fact, I would venture to say that my time doing cardio has become more enjoyable than anything else, yes, even eating. I think it's because my cardio time is truly the only time where my brain shuts off, and I literally don't think about anything. I wind up becoming completely absorbed in whatever magazine I'm reading or tv show I'm watching.

Which, by the way, reminds me that I think I've come across my new favorite "reality" show....Sex Rehab with Dr. Drew. Now, before anyone starts thinking I'm some crazy sex addict, allow me to explain. My interest in the show has more to do with the ADDICTION part than the sex part. I also really liked Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew, this show's apparent predecessor. Anyway, it's so interesting to me because my career experience has proven that real-life rehab is nothing like what these two shows portray, so I find it rather amusing to watch based on that fact alone. Plus, I think Dr. Drew's kinda cute...with those little glasses and all. Ok, now that I've explained myself, feel free to go ahead and laugh at me.

As I'm bringing this to a close, I have a mere 3 cardio sessions left this week (tonight, tomorrow morning, and tomorrow night) and a final workout tomorrow night. Then it's time to relax and pose, pose, pose on Thursday and Friday. Fortunately, I'm off from work tomorrow thanks to all the Veterans out there, so I'll use that time to get some things ready for this weekend, and then it's back to work all day Thursday and only in the morning on Friday. I also have to think about getting stuff together for next week's trip to Florida, since I'm flying out early Thursday morning and have to work for the first half of the week (boooooo). Oh yeah, and the racing thoughts begin again....

No comments:

Post a Comment