Thursday, August 27, 2009

I'm Not Fat, I'm Big Boned!

Ok, so everyone speculates about why obesity is a problem for the majority of Americans. Well I have the answer....it's because there are personal trainers out there (namely in my gym) who are out of shape themselves and wear Hershey's Chocolate Bar t-shirts while training clients. Now, maybe this is the cranky, hungry side of me talking but I mean, really, does that make any sense at all? And as paying client, why would you trust someone wearing a candy bar t-shirt to get your fat ass into shape? I mean, that's right up with with Pizza Night and Bagel Morning at Planet Fitness....clearly we're weight and health conscious here.

In case you didn't get the memo (and in that case, you should probably check your fax toner or spam box), I'm hungry and cranky. This week I started to feel the effects of the diet with lower energy and increasing hunger. It's not horrible by any means, but I do enjoy myself a good bit whining. My quad and ham workouts this week were pretty good, but last night's shoulder workout was questionable. I had no strength and felt sluggish during the workout. I was tired all day and had a shitty attitude going into the workout, which is almost always a garaunteed recipe for a less than stellar workout. But I have a sneaking suspicion that some of this sluggishness is due to a pending visitor. Please, who doesn't love a little oversharing here and there?

Work has been behaving itself lately, which has eased my brain for a bit. In fact, I'd almost go as far as to say, I've been a little bored (but that's what happens when your partner in crime goes on vacation for a week). Of course, that could change at any moment, so I should be careful what I say. So far, this weekend is looking like a rather quiet one, which I intend to take advantage of to catch up on sleep and just rest. Here's to hoping for good news from the scale Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment