Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Schedule Change Up

This is something I don't do very well but am forced to this week because of a crazy work schedule. I am usually so structured and seriously dislike being thrown out of my typical split, and this time was no different. For whatever reason, I get anxiety that everything that needs to get done won't because I have to shift things around....yeah, yeah, I know, it's rediculous. This week is a mess because I'm in two courts tonight, one Wednesday night, and one Thursday....WHY can't these people do the right thing?

Anyway, Sunday morning was shoulders as usual, and we had a good workout. Last night, we hit legs and went with a pretty conventional, straightforward workout. No crazy supersets (except walking lunges and extensions), no drop sets or increasing sets. After all the wacky workouts we've been doing, I didn't think this workout would be all that effective, but my legs will tell you today that it was very effective.
___________________

Ok, started this entry on Tuesday, and I'm now finally finishing it on Thursday. To put it bluntly, I am annoyed. With everything in my life right now. At this point, I'm looking forward to my contest prep so that I don't have to think about anything. I can flip the switch into robot mode and just plug along. My only focus will be my prep, and I can take a mental vacation from a few select things. After a rather drama-filled contest prep last year, my goal is to have a stress and drama-free prep this year. I want to enjoy the process as much as possible and really soak up my progress each week. Time will be tight with my schedule at work, so there really won't be much wiggle room for any bullshit. So basically, don't get in my way from July until November ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment