Friday, June 12, 2009

Braindead

Wanna know what's REALLY brightened my week this week? Check out www.textsfromlastnight.com and you'll know exactly why. A friend of mine told me about this site, and I'm not usually one to get that much enjoyment out of something like this, but this site's got some good ones.

And thank god for that little bit of laughter because my job is slowly sucking the life out of me this week. When I changed to a supervision unit, I thought that it would relieve some of the stress of the investigation deadlines....well that has NOT been the case for the past two weeks. And it seems like it just keeps getting worse. People are getting re-arrested. I'm catching them drinking. They're driving without a license. I feel like I'm going to be in court for the next two weeks straight because NOBODY can keep their shit together. I can't even begin to tell you how much I'm looking forward to this weekend. It's the first weekend in at least a month where I haven't had something to do that requires travel or takes up an entire day. I'm looking forward to being able to sleep in and not rushing through my workouts and not having to think about packing my food for two days. I'm so mentally and emotionally drained from the past two weeks of personal and work stuff that I'll be perfectly ok with doing nothing.

As far as my workouts have gone...Tuesday's leg workout was another good one. We did the same workout as last week, only we changed things up at the end with leg presses and did two increasing sets followed by a high rep set to blast them. My hamstring felt good, relatively speaking, and I was able to work my way up to some heavier weights when I was squatting. My last set of squats was 4 reps at 205, and I can honestly say that they were good, clean, all-the-way-down, reps...I'll take it. For tomorrow's back workout, I'm going to take another shot at deadlifting and see how it feels. I really would love to add that back into my workouts, even if it is just at the end with lighter weights.

My diet this week only changed a little, with an added "carb-up" meal after Wednesday morning's workout. Cardio was cut back to alternating between 60 minutes and 45 minutes every other day. I wasn't supposed to, but I weighed myself Thursday morning and was only 139.6, so the weight's not piling back on like I thought it would. I can't believe how quick prep-time is approaching...I can't wait (I'm sure I won't be saying that by the time September rolls around though). Anyway, here's to a drama-free weekend of doing nothing but training and eating :-)

1 comment: