Sunday, April 5, 2009

Rest of the Week

This week I decided to try to train hams Thursday morning before work and take Wednesday as my full day off from the gym, and I think I like how that works out. Unfortunately, this Wednesday wasn't a relaxing night off either. I had a new mattress delivered and spent several hours after work trying to attach the bed frame to my headboard, which included trips to Home Depot and lots of swearing. The first two nights, I didn't like the mattress at all (I got a knockoff Tempurpedic). But after the rest of this week, I'm slowly starting to really like it. I was initially disappointed because I thought it would be a little squishier like another memory-foam bed that I had slept in before.


Ok, enough about my boring bed (well, it's not boring to me, of course, since I love anything having to do with sleeping). I definitely like the idea of training hams Thursday before work. It does make for a long day, but it throws something a little different into the mix, which is good for me. Plus the extra rest from quads on Monday was certainly good. I took stiff leg dead lifts out of my ham workout, and that seemed to help my lower back a little bit. I was at least able to get some decent squats out at the end of the workout. But it was still sore and tight.


Friday, I went out to a different gym that's a little farther away but has a much livlier environment. I was training by myself, it was rainy and cold, and I needed a little something to boost my workout, especially since I have a hard time getting motivated to train chest. I got 135 for 5, but I'm not counting it. It was on a different angled incline bench, and the person I had there to spot, gave me a little help at the top of the last couple reps. But, based on how it went up the other week, I shouldn't have a problem next Friday. Unfortunately, it was kind of crowded in that gym, and the rest of my workout was a bit of a clusterfuck. I guess I got the job done, though, because my chest was sore as hell yesterday (and today).


Saturday morning was back, which I'm really growing to love again. I'm still stuck at 315/310 for dead lifts, but after two failed attempts at trying to jump up to 315, I realized yesterday that I need to try for 310 first. My workout yesterday went quick because I completely fried my back with a t-bar row/1-arm db row superset....mf'er I was shot after that! I didn't even bother with another row excercise. I went right over to pulldowns and finished with wide grip then close grip pulldowns. And now, my back is hurtin'!


A little story unrelated to training and probably the most amusing part of this post. One of my close girlfriend's is getting married next month and had her bachelorette party in NYC last night. It was actually my first bachelorette party ever, and it was quite an interesting experience to say the least. Naturally, there was a stripper there, who turned out to be not as bad as I thought. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm still not down with that (I'm definitely just too uptight), but I was expecting much worse. This guy was at least somewhat in shape and not hairy, and he had a generically good-looking face. I made every attempt to stay in the background, but he went around and grabbed every girl in the room at one point and did his little thing with her. Little side note, he was rough! He was all about smacking asses and throwing everyone around. Needless to say, it was still funny. Unfortunately, that's kinda where the fun stopped. A couple of girls had a little too much to drink, which led to puke-fest '09 (something I'm NOT good with). I'm in no position to judge, as I've definitely been THAT girl in the past, but I felt bad for the bride. She's one of those natural caretakers and spent much of the night playing nurse to the sicker of the two girls. She still seemed to be having fun, though, which is all that matters. By the time the two pukey-pukertons were taken care of it was time to go out. That was when my friend and I said our good-byes. It was already pretty late, everyone else was pretty hammered, and we had a 2 hour drive home, so we jetted out of there. If I ever get to the point where I have a bachelorette party, it's probably going to be held in a gym, and everyone's going to train...hmmm, maybe I'm on to something here.

No comments:

Post a Comment