Monday, October 6, 2008

You Never Forget How to Ride a Bike

Just a quick update since I didn't post at all last week. I had a really good week of workouts. It was definitely the first week where I felt strong and productive during all of my workouts. I pushed the envelope a little bit during chest on Tuesday, which made for a pretty uncomfortable feeling for the rest of the week (damn boobies!). On Wednesday, our trio mixed things up quite a big for legs and trained at Planet Fitness. We did what the boys like to call their "Extension Workout," which means we do one set of extensions after every set. For example, I did 4x10 on the leg press, and after each set of presses, I did a set of extensions. No doubt, it left my legs screaming for a couple of days. This workout was some great idea the boys drummed up while I was out for my surgery. See what happens when you leave guys to their own devices?

On a non-training related note, this past weekend was alumni weekend for Marist, and my four college roommates came up for the weekend. I have to admit, I was feared a bit of drama at some point in the weekend. I mean, when is there not drama when you put five girls together for any length of time? But much to my surprise, it was a completely drama-free weekend, and we had an absolute blast. The girls got hammered, and we have TONS of crazy, blackmail pictures and even some fuzzy video clips. By the time yesterday afternoon rolled around, I was completely shot and more than happy to lay on the couch for the rest of the day.

Now onto this week...I will be spending the week in bike school. That's right folks, I'm learning how to ride a bike again...police style, that is. Apparently it's different than how other people ride their bikes. From what I understand, we'll learn to ride up and down stairs, use our bikes for defensive and offensive purposes, and even shoot from the bikes. So, that should be very interesting. I just hope I don't get hurt. I don't even want to think about what I would do if I was out of the gym again. Here's to hoping I stay on two wheels...

No comments:

Post a Comment